Monday, July 6, 2015

IM GOING TO HELSINKI








Hey everyone!
So this week we got our transfers.. of course my companion elder bascom got his new companion, sister bascom... cause hes going back to Atlanta. Im so grateful for the opportunity I got to serve with him, I have learned so much from him, finnish, and spiritual.  Hes such a boss, and hes going to shred it up back at BYU!  
This week has been fast for sure. Said goodbye to a lot of ward members and investigators that I have come to known here in Jyväskylä!!  Its been great and I am so thankful for my opportunity! My new area that I am being transfered to is Neitsytpolku, which is really the richest place in Finland. Basically downtown Helsinki, right in the heart of it.  Its right on the ocean, super cool! My new companion is Elder Smith who was in my district last transfer! Super excited, he is so cool!  But this is my last email from Jyväskyla, been super cool!
One cool story is thursday me and Elder Bascom were in the finnish forest when we found a man sitting, resting.  We approached him and started talking, and found out he had visited Salt lake city and had a book of mormon. We talked to him for a little while, and then this other man approached us. Soon man 1 left, and we were talking to the second guy for like 2 hours. He was a very nice man and we got to place a book of mormon with him at the end. 
I also met with my Kenyan investigator for the last time. He is such a cool guy, he is one of the first people I met here in Finland.  We had a wonderful lesson with him yesterday and Im really going to miss him. He has so many cool stories from kenya. I now understand why Kenyans are such good runners haha!!  
The pic below is me and an investigator. He has been one of our great friends here in Jyväskylä and has shown us a lot of cool things!  
Other picture is of our district. I dont know why I am making that face.  
Me and my majestic horse.

Raukaudella,
Vanhin Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment